God’s Prescription When Life Isn’t Fair – Pt 3
[Series: God’s Prescription When Life Isn’t Fair, this episode: “Ps 37:12-21 – The Doom of the Wicked and The Heritage of the Righteous] Over and over again in the Bible we see situations where the righteous are vexed and can be tempted to be discouraged when it seems like the unrighteous are getting away with murder. Meantime, the righteous suffer. But that is only temporary. In this episode:
- God is KING! He is the highest Judge and nothing gets past holy God!
- Heart to heart counsel to those who are vexed, frustrated and even angry at the way the wicked are getting away with their wrong in the here and now. It’s important to shut everything off and find a quiet place with God.
- A reminder of the reality that all of us came into this world as fallen creatures, rebellious and idolatrous against God. Our battle is not against flesh and blood, but against Satan.
- Why doesn’t that day of God’s justice come now? Taking the longer view and understanding that while God’s justice will certainly come, His mercy stays His hand to allow more to come into the Kingdom.
- The sharp contrast between the certain doom of the wicked and the eternal heritage of the righteous.
Photo by Jack Sharp on Unsplash
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS