Walking by faith
[Hebrews 11:23-29] In this episode, we look at the faith of Moses, the man of God who was called of God to forsake Egypt and bring deliverance to God’s people from the hand of Pharaoh. Over and over again we see that by living by faith, Moses:
- Had a godly response, despite fearful situations.
- Identified with God and His people, not the world.
- Kept steadfast, even in the face of persecution.
- Had the forward look of faith and hope.
- Forsook Egypt, didn’t fear wrath of the king, led the people out of Egypt and through the Red Sea.
[Hebrews 11:13-22] How did they do it? How did those memorialized in Hebrews Chapter 11 live in such a way that God selected them and their story as examples of faith? The answer: they lived by faith. In this episode we:
- Remember the important context of Hebrews 11 — the full book of Hebrews, centered on CHRIST and His finished work.
- How knowing the promises of God and embracing them gives us great assurance that leads to God-pleasing, triumphant faith
- How to face the impossible task, like Abraham, and see victory.
[Romans 4:13-25]. In this episode we discover FAITH GROUND ZERO. This is the epicenter of faith — true, saving faith, the righteousness of faith. The Bible points to Abraham as the prime example of one who demonstrates “the just shall live by faith”. We’ll see that real faith is focused on God Himself, rests on grace, strengthened by glorifying God and convinced by the ability of Almighty God Himself.
[Hebrews 11:3-6] The Bible declares it: THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH. In this panoramic episode, we see what living BY FAITH can accomplish:
- We take a sweeping view of all of Hebrews 11, extracting out of every “by faith” or “through faith” verse what living by faith accomplishes.
- In Hebrews 11:3 we dig into the great significance of understanding BY FAITH that God is the creator of all.
- In Hebrews 11:4 we find out the reason why Abel’s offering was righteous, while Cain’s offering was evil.
- In Hebrews 11:5-6 we explore the very important reasons why “without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God”
[Hebrews 11:1-2. This episode continues the mini series “The Just Shall Live by Faith”, within our ongoing Hebrews series.] In this episode, we learn:
- God in His grace, through Jesus, has supplied ALL. Therefore, we have all NOW. Faith takes and personally appropriates what God has already richly supplied.
- What faith is NOT.
- Faith is the substance — ground of confidence, guarantee — of things hoped for.
- Faith is the EVIDENCE of things not seen.
- Hebrews 11 is not about faith “heroes”, but rather ordinary people who lived by faith in the goodness of God.
[Hebrews 11 intro, Heb 10:38-39]
What IS faith? That’s a very important question to answer, since the Bible is clear that “the just shall live by faith” (Hab 2:4, Rom 1:17, Gal 3:11, Heb 10:38). In this episode we dig into this question and discover that there are two aspects of faith:
- First, faith looks to the PERSON of the living Lord Jesus Christ: Christ IN US the hope of glory and we IN CHRIST, giving us completeness NOW.
- Second, faith acknowledges and enjoys the perfect, finished work of The Lord Jesus Christ.
We also learn that we are “believers”, not because we believe, but because GOD has MADE us that way! This is all because of the perfection of JESUS and HIS FINISHED WORK.
Note: This series, “The Just Shall Live by Faith” is a mini-series, which is part of the ongoing series, “Hebrews: The Glory of The New Covenant”
[This episode is part 1 of a mini-series called, “The Just Shall Live By Faith”. It is also a continuation of the “Hebrews: The Glory of the New Covenant” series. Note, this podcast is based on our article, “The Necessity of The Just Shall Live By Faith“, found on the www.DailyInChrist.org website.]
“The just shall live by faith“. Six powerful and vital words that are often neglected by the vast majority of Christians. Living by faith is non-optional with God. In four key places in the scripture we read, “the just shall live by faith”. The language of faith appears 677 in the New Testament. From God’s perspective, living by faith is essential to pleasing Him (Heb 11:6) and successfully living the Christian life.
Why? In this groundbreaking episode, we’ll learn how living by faith is intimately tied to the grace of God and the finished work of our Lord Jesus. You’ll learn essential keys to living victoriously by faith!
 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
It can be tough walking in a world where the majority of those around us walk by sight and not by faith, by the flesh and not by the Spirit. In this episode we look at:
- The importance of remembering the fullness of Jesus Christ, the perfection of His finished work and that we are 100% complete in Him.
- The supernatural effect of the illumination of Christ, His finished work, our completeness in Him and Christ alive in us.
- Holding on to the confidence we have in Him.
- The great reward such confidence gives us.