Belonging. We all long for it. God has made it a wonderful reality through His New Covenant promise in Hebrews 8:10, “I will be their God, and they shall be My people”. In this episode we explore: God as truly our God, being His people, a part of His family, as sons we are rightful and joint heirs with Jesus Christ and a member of Christ’s true church. We belong to Him in His family of love!
In this episode, we take some time to step back and see the great context not only of the book of Hebrews, but the entire Bible: The Father’s Love.
Some of the topics covered:
- The all-important context of the Father and His love, bringing His children home.
- The Father’s love expressed
- Why sonship and the repeated references to “son” are so important
- We have received the Spirit of God’s Son in our hearts and the great difference that makes.
- God the Father loves us as His children just like He loves Jesus!
By Mark VanOuse
The love of God does.
This is the fullest expression of the Love of God!
Love is the most powerful antidote to all that is wrong with us! Nothing has such power to take our minds and hearts and seize them from the stranglehold of temptation, sin and bondage and bring us to the place of a heartfelt JOYFUL and LOVING obedience to the Lord. Nothing! …
This is part 2 of our series, “Living in the Reality of Perfect Sanctification”. The truth in this lesson is very powerful and life changing. The topics covered:
- One of the most important verses in all the Bible on sanctification, 1 Corinthians 1:28
- Perfect sanctification, like everything else given in “such a great salvation” (Heb 2:3) is entirely based on the finished, perfect work of Christ Jesus.
- There are many verses in the New Testament that make it abundantly clear that our sanctification is perfect and complete, already done, because of the perfection of the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- This is who we really are, not who “we will be” or who “we will become”.
Here is part one of a new teaching series titled, “Living in the Reality of Perfect Sanctification”. In this lesson we cover:
- The importance of relying on God’s Word, not human (carnal) wisdom.
- Much of the teaching on the subject of sanctification today is at odds with what the Bible has to say about the subject.
- The word “sanctification” is a Bible word, so we must be careful to define it in the context of how the word is used in the Bible.
- Sanctification, like justification is all God, it is by grace, it is through faith in Christ Jesus, it is already done, it is all yours now, so enjoy it!
- What the Bible means by “sanctification”
- God’s “funny glasses” versus the reality of who you really are in Christ.