Belonging. We all long for it. God has made it a wonderful reality through His New Covenant promise in Hebrews 8:10, “I will be their God, and they shall be My people”. In this episode we explore: God as truly our God, being His people, a part of His family, as sons we are rightful and joint heirs with Jesus Christ and a member of Christ’s true church. We belong to Him in His family of love!
In this episode, we take some time to step back and see the great context not only of the book of Hebrews, but the entire Bible: The Father’s Love.
Some of the topics covered:
- The all-important context of the Father and His love, bringing His children home.
- The Father’s love expressed
- Why sonship and the repeated references to “son” are so important
- We have received the Spirit of God’s Son in our hearts and the great difference that makes.
- God the Father loves us as His children just like He loves Jesus!
By Mark VanOuse
The love of God does.
This is the fullest expression of the Love of God!
Love is the most powerful antidote to all that is wrong with us! Nothing has such power to take our minds and hearts and seize them from the stranglehold of temptation, sin and bondage and bring us to the place of a heartfelt JOYFUL and LOVING obedience to the Lord. Nothing! …
Why The Grace of God is So Amazing!
Welcome, good friend!
I am so glad that you have found DailyInChrist.org. I believe that your encounter with this ministry site is not by accident, and that God Himself has brought you here at just the right time in your life.
Prepare to be amazed by the grace of God! Prepare for your life to be revolutionized in such a wonderful way that when you look back on this time, you will treasure every moment that God has unfolded His wonderful, glorious truth of His rich grace — TO YOU!
I can make such a bold, confident statement not because I’m so great or talented, but because Jesus Christ is so great, so talented and so willing for you to enjoy a truly full, meaningful and fruitful life in Him for His glory!
What this ministry is all about
It is my joy to share the wonderful truth of God’s goodness and His grace. This ministry site is dedicated to clearly teaching God’s word, The Bible, so that you may encounter God in a radically amazing, transformational way through His son, Jesus Christ.
Beyond a doubt, it is the grace of God that makes possible the success of our Christian life. The grace of God isn’t “just another doctrine” in the Bible. It is the central doctrine of the New Covenant. With the grace of God we are saved and live the “more abundant” life Jesus Christ promised (John 10:10). Without the grace of God, man is doomed to hell in eternity and misery in this life.
It is vital to understand the great importance of the New Covenant. This covenant is so central and important to God that it was instituted with Jesus’ blood (Mt 26:28, Mk 14:24, Lk 22:20, 1 Co 11:25, Heb 7-10). In short, the New Covenant guarantees God’s total love, acceptance and blessing of you, because of one very important reason:
The perfection of JESUS and His finished work for you.
Nothing will revolutionize your life more than having a deep, Spirit revealed understanding of that great reality. As this glorious truth has taken deeper root in my own life, it has brought about amazing results. It has been a thrill for me to witness this revolutionary truth radically transform the lives of others. Nothing gives such deep joy, security, peace, success and fruitfulness than knowing that if you are in Christ, God will never, ever again relate to you on the basis of your performance, pass or fail. He forever relates to you purely on the basis of the perfection of His Son, Jesus Christ and His finished work on your behalf.
Perhaps this is a brand new idea for you. Then stick around, as the resources of this ministry website will faithfully guide you into the profound truths of the New Covenant, as well as the incredible realities of Christ in you (Col 1:27-28) and you in Christ (Eph 1:3).
Perhaps you’ve had some inkling of this great truth, but have heard hardly anyone else talking about it, so you’re struggling with whether it’s true or not. That’s about to change.
Perhaps you’ve understood the “word of grace” (Acts 20:32) and the New Covenant for years. I know why you are here — such a perspective is rarely heard and you need to be continually fed and strengthened on this rich truth.
That’s why this ministry is called Daily in Christ.
I pledge to you three things here at DailyInChrist.org:
- We will faithfully and richly learn together from the Word of God, the Bible, and not the word of man.
- We will be resolutely Christ-centered.
- Upon the testimony of Christ found in the Word of God we will go to person of Jesus Christ for life (John 5:39, 1 John 5:11-12).
Paul, in his tearful farewell to the Ephesian elders said this:
I commend you to God and to the word of His grace, which is able to build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. (Acts 20:32)
We encourage you to go next to the Stepping Stones menu item, under the Introduction tab at the homepage menu of this site.
This is part 2 of our series, “Living in the Reality of Perfect Sanctification”. The truth in this lesson is very powerful and life changing. The topics covered:
- One of the most important verses in all the Bible on sanctification, 1 Corinthians 1:28
- Perfect sanctification, like everything else given in “such a great salvation” (Heb 2:3) is entirely based on the finished, perfect work of Christ Jesus.
- There are many verses in the New Testament that make it abundantly clear that our sanctification is perfect and complete, already done, because of the perfection of the person and work of Jesus Christ.
- This is who we really are, not who “we will be” or who “we will become”.
Here is part one of a new teaching series titled, “Living in the Reality of Perfect Sanctification”. In this lesson we cover:
- The importance of relying on God’s Word, not human (carnal) wisdom.
- Much of the teaching on the subject of sanctification today is at odds with what the Bible has to say about the subject.
- The word “sanctification” is a Bible word, so we must be careful to define it in the context of how the word is used in the Bible.
- Sanctification, like justification is all God, it is by grace, it is through faith in Christ Jesus, it is already done, it is all yours now, so enjoy it!
- What the Bible means by “sanctification”
- God’s “funny glasses” versus the reality of who you really are in Christ.
Welcome to DailyInChrist.org!
Daily In Christ is the teaching ministry of Mark VanOuse, who lives in the beautiful mountains of central Pennsylvania, USA.
“I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” — Jesus, John 10:10b
So, why is this “life more abundant” so elusive for so many Christians?
Another wonderful truth is found in Ephesians 1:3:
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ
This has to be one of the most glorious verses in all the Bible! God has — already — blessed us with every spiritual blessing in Christ. Do you realize that this is not a “promise”, but a plain declaration of fact? It says that God already “has blessed us” with every spiritual blessing!
Think about that: God plainly declares that those who are “in Christ”2 lack no spiritual blessing. We have it all because of Jesus!
So why are so many Christians missing out in the enjoyment of those wonderful spiritual blessings? I did so for many years. Here are several reasons:
- Reliance upon the wisdom of man, rather than on the revealed wisdom of God in the Bible. Like the Corinthian church in New Testament times, today’s western church itches for the words of man, rather than the Word of God.
- Lack of knowledge about what the Bible really says about the true Christian life. Perhaps a person doesn’t actually read their Bible. Perhaps they do read the Bible, but somehow miss the the great theme of God’s great grace and the truly blessed life He intends for them.
- Their point of reference is themselves, not the perfect Son of God and Son of Man, the Lord Jesus Christ. Man, by default, is born a sinful, self-centered creature, due to the fall of Adam. Even Christians “default” to man-centered, rather than Christ-centered thinking. The result is self being the point of reference for the Christian life, rather God Himself, His infinite strength and His riches.
- Ignorance of the New Covenant. Few really understand the full dimensions of this incredible covenant, ratified by Jesus’ blood. This covenant is a covenant of grace, based upon the perfect person and completed work of Jesus Christ. Grace is about God totally loving us, accepting and blessing us, not on the basis of our “goodness”, but on the sheer goodness of Himself. The New Covenant means that God is relating to us, not based on our performance, pass or fail, but on the basis of Jesus Christ and His perfect performance, already done. Most Christians mix the Old (law) and New (grace) covenants together, creating confusion, failure, sin and fruitlessness. Romans 6:14 is clear, “Sin shall absolutely not3 have dominion over you, for you are absolutely not3 under law but under grace”.
If you’ve been looking at getting out of the “same old, same old” in your Christian life, if you’re tired of a “Christianity” that doesn’t seem to work, if you long to know God more deeply, experiencing Him more richly and seeing your daily life changed dramatically to God’s glory, then you’ve come to the right place!
It is my passion that everyone who comes to this website and receives the teaching will see a revolutionary change in your life, to God’s glory. The Bible, God’s Word, contains riches beyond imagination that speak of the greatness and wonder of God, His loving ways with His people and the incredible blessings He lavishes upon those who are in Christ (Eph 1:7-8).
In John 5:39-40 Jesus was speaking to very religious people and said:
You diligently study the Scriptures because you think that by them you possess eternal life. These are the Scriptures that testify about Me, yet you refuse to come to Me to have life. (NIV, emphases added)
These religious leaders were right to “diligently study the scriptures” (2 Timothy 2:15), however, they were seeking the wrong thing in the scriptures. They thought that “by them you possess eternal life”. They failed to understand that the scriptures most importantly testify about a person — the Lord Jesus Christ. And so they refused to come to Him to have life.
Many people are out of balance one way or the other. One group is very diligent to study the scriptures, yet they fail to go to Christ and engage Him personally. They may have much “Bible knowledge”, but they know little of relationship with the Savior Himself. Others sincerely try to go to Christ and engage Him personally, but they do not study the scriptures. So, they suffer in their experience for lack of knowledge of the scripture which testifies about Him.
Happy are those who do both: who diligently search the scriptures which testify of Jesus and go to Him for LIFE! That is precisely what this ministry website is all about out.
So, read the articles and listen to the audio messages. Their all free. I don’t want anyone to miss out, simply because they couldn’t afford to pay for a resource.
Now, set your expectations high! Our God is great and awesome and the abundant life He has for you is just as great and awesome as He is! Ephesians 3:20-21 declares:
Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us,to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever.
 Numbers 23:19
 The biblical definition of a “Christian” is one who, by the miracle of the new birth is “in Christ” (2 Cor 5:17)
 Literal Greek