Hebrews Pt 50: The Prominence & Preeminence of Christ
[Hebrews 13:8-24] Jesus Christ is not only prominent in the scripture, He is also preeminent. In the midst of verses that appear to be a “Christian To Do list”, Hebrews 13:8 triumphantly declares, “Jesus Christ, is the same yesterday, today and forever.” This is no accident: it is the Holy Spirit reminding us yet again of the absolute prominence and preeminence of The Lord Jesus Christ. In this final lesson we examine:
- The center of our faith is Christ, not ourselves (law)
- The unchangableness (immutability) of God and the stability that brings.
- The self-existence (aseity) of God. He needs no one and is non-dependent, that’s why we depend on Him for all.
- What it means to have the heart “established by grace”.
- The shadows and type of the Old (Law) Covenant versus the realities of the New Covenant. Temporary measures (living under law) yield temporary results. A perfect high priest completing a perfect, finished work yields permanent results.
- The Conclusion of the Matter: Hebrews 13:20-21
Note: this episode concludes the “Hebrews: The Glory of the New Covenant” series.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Spotify | Stitcher | Email | TuneIn | RSS