This is the first installment in our Hebrews the Glory of the New Covenant series. In this introduction, we cover:
- Hebrews has a lot to do with covenants. What is a covenant? Why would God make a covenant when He has perfect and infinite integrity?
- The Old Covenant: the covenant of law. Based on man’s performance and proves man to be a sinner and a failure.
- The New Covenant: the covenant of grace. Hebrews is chiefly about the New Covenant. It is based on the perfect person and finished work of Jesus Christ.
- How the New Covenant offers “so much more” than the Old Covenant.
- The importance of the context of Hebrews
- The warnings of Hebrews
- Therefore, consider Jesus.