[Romans 3:27-4:12] Who are the people God blesses? The biblical answer will probably surprise you. In this episode we dive into the key scriptures on the righteous OF FAITH and NOT by the works of the law. God is always and ever the SOURCE, the MEANS and the GREAT END of all that is good (Romans 11:36). The only person that God considers righteousness is the one who DOES NOT WORK, but believes on Him — has faith in Christ — who justifies the ungodly.
Tag: Finished Work of Christ
“Faith Ground Zero” [Hebrews 11:11-12, Romans 3:10-26]. Abraham faced an impossible situation: fathering a child when he was 100 and Sarah was 91. Yet, there was something remarkable about the nature of their faith. In fact, the Bible identifies their faith as “the righteousness of faith”. Through faith in Christ, they were supernaturally enabled by God to bear a son, the child of promise.
What was it about their faith that was so effective? To find that answer, we look to the book of Romans, chapters three and four. In this episode we delve into Romans 3:10-26 and see that the entire human race has fallen catastrophically far from God. None are righteous, so says God. Despite that grim outlook, God intervenes with HIS righteousness given freely, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe” (Rom 3:27). Our relationship with God is based on the perfect and wonderful standing that JESUS has with the Father. This is the foundation of living life victoriously with a bold and confident faith in Christ!
[Hebrews 11 intro, Heb 10:38-39]
What IS faith? That’s a very important question to answer, since the Bible is clear that “the just shall live by faith” (Hab 2:4, Rom 1:17, Gal 3:11, Heb 10:38). In this episode we dig into this question and discover that there are two aspects of faith:
- First, faith looks to the PERSON of the living Lord Jesus Christ: Christ IN US the hope of glory and we IN CHRIST, giving us completeness NOW.
- Second, faith acknowledges and enjoys the perfect, finished work of The Lord Jesus Christ.
We also learn that we are “believers”, not because we believe, but because GOD has MADE us that way! This is all because of the perfection of JESUS and HIS FINISHED WORK.
Note: This series, “The Just Shall Live by Faith” is a mini-series, which is part of the ongoing series, “Hebrews: The Glory of The New Covenant”
It can be tough walking in a world where the majority of those around us walk by sight and not by faith, by the flesh and not by the Spirit. In this episode we look at:
- The importance of remembering the fullness of Jesus Christ, the perfection of His finished work and that we are 100% complete in Him.
- The supernatural effect of the illumination of Christ, His finished work, our completeness in Him and Christ alive in us.
- Holding on to the confidence we have in Him.
- The great reward such confidence gives us.
[Hebrews 10:15-31]. Too many Christians experience a “Christian” life that is more like a roller coaster ride: ups and downs, with more down than up. The reason for such inconsistency is that they try to live their Christian lives based on their inconsistent performance. The Epistle to the Hebrews repeatedly proves that real Christian living is based on CHRIST and His perfect finished work. In this episode we explore:
- A second recitation of the New Covenant that connect Christ’s finished work to our condition as redeemed and saved people.
- The delivering power of Christ’s absolute remission from sin.
- We now have boldness to enter the Holiest, by the new and living Way of CHRIST Himself.
- The “let us” results of the completeness of Christ’s work for us and in us.
- Clear scriptural proof that the “scary verses” Hebrews 10:26-31 do NOT apply to one who is in Christ, and exactly what kind of a person to whom they do apply.
[Text: Hebrews 10:11-15]
Hebrews 10:14 (NASB) declares, “For by ONE offering He HAS PERFECTED for all time those who ARE sanctified.” Those are revolutionary, life changing words. In this episode we learn how Christ’s perfect, once for all time finished work makes us as perfectly complete as He is. This 100% completeness is not because of us, but because the believer is IN CHRIST. This is not what some wrongly call “positional truth” (no such concept exists in the Bible). We are not in a “position”, but a PERSON, The Lord Jesus Christ. This NOW reality is the essential key to the victorious Christian life!
[Passage: Hebrews 10:1-10].
On the cross, Jesus very last word was “Tetelestai!” (John 19:30). That powerful Greek word means, “It is FINISHED” or “all is ACCOMPLISHED”. In this lesson we dive into one of the greatest chapters in all the Bible, Hebrews chapter 10. We’ll learn:
- Just what it was that Jesus perfectly accomplished on the cross.
- The vital principle that a perfect sacrifice never needs to be repeated and gives us perfect purification, no sin consciousness and a confidence to enjoy intimacy with Father God.
- How Jesus’ perfect, finished work removes the law by perfectly fulfilling it, causing the New Covenant of grace to stand forever.
- That Jesus’ offering of His body and total willingness by saying, “I will do your will, O God” sanctifies us FOREVER.
In this study, we take up the second half of Hebrews 9, verses 16-28. We talk about:
- Wills, testaments and covenants: what they are, what they have to do with Jesus and what they have to do with YOU.
- The vast difference between the Old Covenant/Testament of law, which left us in sin, defeat, incompleteness, and condemnation and the NEW Covenant/Testament, leading us to the remission of sins, completeness, victory, closeness with God and God’s blessing.
- We also look into what the shedding of Jesus’ blood accomplished for us, how Jesus was offered ONCE to bear the sins of many.
In this lesson we continue to look into God’s mercy and total forgiveness, as promised — and given — in the New Covenant, Hebrews 8:12. We talk about why it is so important that we understand that God’s forgiveness is as total, perfect and complete as the perfection of Jesus and His finished work. That perfect, finished work means that the Covenant of Law (the Old Covenant) is obsolete. We are no longer under the jurisdiction of the law, we are under the infinite superiority of Jesus and the New Covenant of grace!