[Hebrews 11:7-10] The ancients — people like Abel, Enoch, Noah and Abraham — didn’t have Bibles, churches, Christian books, CD’s or podcasts. But they had the living God. Their faith looked to Him and His righteousness. In this episode, we examine the faith of godly Noah who, even though in a wicked generation, built the ark because of godly reverence. We begin to look at Abraham who learned to walk by faith, even though he had failed many times. His faith looked to the God who blessed him and called him to a land of promise, which he did not know. We’ll learn a powerful truth for our own lives: it’s not how great these people of faith were, but how great is GOD and HIS righteousness and grace.
[Hebrews 11:3-6] The Bible declares it: THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH. In this panoramic episode, we see what living BY FAITH can accomplish:
- We take a sweeping view of all of Hebrews 11, extracting out of every “by faith” or “through faith” verse what living by faith accomplishes.
- In Hebrews 11:3 we dig into the great significance of understanding BY FAITH that God is the creator of all.
- In Hebrews 11:4 we find out the reason why Abel’s offering was righteous, while Cain’s offering was evil.
- In Hebrews 11:5-6 we explore the very important reasons why “without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God”
[Hebrews 11:1-2. This episode continues the mini series “The Just Shall Live by Faith”, within our ongoing Hebrews series.] In this episode, we learn:
- God in His grace, through Jesus, has supplied ALL. Therefore, we have all NOW. Faith takes and personally appropriates what God has already richly supplied.
- What faith is NOT.
- Faith is the substance — ground of confidence, guarantee — of things hoped for.
- Faith is the EVIDENCE of things not seen.
- Hebrews 11 is not about faith “heroes”, but rather ordinary people who lived by faith in the goodness of God.
[Hebrews 11 intro, Heb 10:38-39]
What IS faith? That’s a very important question to answer, since the Bible is clear that “the just shall live by faith” (Hab 2:4, Rom 1:17, Gal 3:11, Heb 10:38). In this episode we dig into this question and discover that there are two aspects of faith:
- First, faith looks to the PERSON of the living Lord Jesus Christ: Christ IN US the hope of glory and we IN CHRIST, giving us completeness NOW.
- Second, faith acknowledges and enjoys the perfect, finished work of The Lord Jesus Christ.
We also learn that we are “believers”, not because we believe, but because GOD has MADE us that way! This is all because of the perfection of JESUS and HIS FINISHED WORK.
Note: This series, “The Just Shall Live by Faith” is a mini-series, which is part of the ongoing series, “Hebrews: The Glory of The New Covenant”
 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.