In this lesson we continue to look into God’s mercy and total forgiveness, as promised — and given — in the New Covenant, Hebrews 8:12. We talk about why it is so important that we understand that God’s forgiveness is as total, perfect and complete as the perfection of Jesus and His finished work. That perfect, finished work means that the Covenant of Law (the Old Covenant) is obsolete. We are no longer under the jurisdiction of the law, we are under the infinite superiority of Jesus and the New Covenant of grace!
In Hebrews 8:12, God promises, “For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more.”
In this lesson, we focus on the vastness of God’s mercy, total forgiveness and complete removal of our sins. Most Christians hold to a dubious theology of forgiveness based on only one verse, 1 John 1:9. They believe in what amounts to a temporary forgiveness, meaning they are forgiven UNTIL they sin, then they have to confess their sins in order for God to forgive them again. The scripture, however, has many verses that make it clear that God’s forgiveness is in fact total and eternal, based on the perfection of Jesus Christ and His perfect, finished work. The result is a tremendous security and stability for your Christian life!
It’s the greatest treasure of all: intimately and personally knowing the living God. Not an impersonal “know about” God, but a relational reality. In this episode, we continue our focus on the specifics of the New Covenant, as presented in Hebrews 8:10-12. In this lesson, we dive into verse 11, where the Lord promises, “None of them shall teach his neighbor, and none his brother, saying, ‘Know the LORD,’ for all shall know Me, from the least of them to the greatest of them.” We explore:
- The connection between eternal life and knowing The Lord
- So many things in our Christian life “work” in the context of a first-hand, relationship with God.
- Biblical prayers that lead to a far deeper knowing of God.
Belonging. We all long for it. God has made it a wonderful reality through His New Covenant promise in Hebrews 8:10, “I will be their God, and they shall be My people”. In this episode we explore: God as truly our God, being His people, a part of His family, as sons we are rightful and joint heirs with Jesus Christ and a member of Christ’s true church. We belong to Him in His family of love!
It’s the great secret of the Christian life: GOD alive and IN us, as promised in Ezekiel 36:27, the parallel to Hebrews 8:10. God says: “I will put My Spirit within you and cause you to walk in My statutes, and you will keep My judgments and do them.” You’ll learn about this most important part of the New Covenant and God’s brilliant design for success in Him!
True of false: a Christian’s heart is “deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked”.
The biblical answer is: definitely false.
In the New Covenant God promises — and gives — a new heart that is good. In this eye-opening episode you’ll find out about your new, good heart given to you by God in the new creation.
Ask the average Christian exactly what the New Covenant is and you are likely to get bewildered stares, or wild guesses. How tragic it is that the majority of Christians have no idea what the New Covenant is! Yet Jesus bled and died to institute it. In this episode, we introduce Hebrews 8:11-13, the I WILL’s of God of the New Covenant. We discuss:
- The huge difference between law (the Old Covenant) and grace (the New Covenant)
- How Satan’s “I WILL’s” led to his fall and how the greatest lie of all is “I will make myself like the Most High”.
- How this same lie has been used by Satan through the ages and is used to paralyze Christians.
- The New Covenant is not all about your “I will’s” but God’s I WILL’s alone — and HE gets it done!
Hebrews 8:6 declares, “But now He has obtained a more excellent ministry, inasmuch as He is also Mediator of a better covenant, which was established on better promises.” In this study of Hebrews 8:1-9, we see even more vividly how the New Covenant — the covenant of grace — is as infinitely better than the Old Covenant of law, as Jesus Himself is. We’ll examine:
- The SO MUCH BETTER of the High Priestly service of Jesus.
- The SO MUCH BETTER of Jesus’ more excellent ministry brings in a MUCH BETTER covenant.
- The fault of the Old Covenant of Law: sinful man, in desperate need of a new and infinitely better covenant.
Why do we need a new High Priest and a new Priesthood? What difference does that new High Priest and priesthood really make for us? In this episode we continue our study in Hebrews chapter 7, digging into verses 11-28. We see the many ways that the High Priesthood of Jesus is infinitely superior to the weak, failing, sinful priests under the Law/Old Covenant. What this means is that GOD will not fail with you!
Why do we need a Great High Priest? Four chapters in Hebrews are dedicated to this important subject. The Bible is full of talk about priests. But what does this have to do with us? Everything! In this podcast:
- We identify our greatest needs and how they are fully met by Jesus, our Great High Priest.
- We learn about the significance of Melchizedek, the Priest King and how this one identified as “King of Righteousness” and “King of Peace” points to Jesus our Great High Priest, the Source of real righteousness and peace.