[Romans 3:27-4:12] Who are the people God blesses? The biblical answer will probably surprise you. In this episode we dive into the key scriptures on the righteous OF FAITH and NOT by the works of the law. God is always and ever the SOURCE, the MEANS and the GREAT END of all that is good (Romans 11:36). The only person that God considers righteousness is the one who DOES NOT WORK, but believes on Him — has faith in Christ — who justifies the ungodly.
“Faith Ground Zero” [Hebrews 11:11-12, Romans 3:10-26]. Abraham faced an impossible situation: fathering a child when he was 100 and Sarah was 91. Yet, there was something remarkable about the nature of their faith. In fact, the Bible identifies their faith as “the righteousness of faith”. Through faith in Christ, they were supernaturally enabled by God to bear a son, the child of promise.
What was it about their faith that was so effective? To find that answer, we look to the book of Romans, chapters three and four. In this episode we delve into Romans 3:10-26 and see that the entire human race has fallen catastrophically far from God. None are righteous, so says God. Despite that grim outlook, God intervenes with HIS righteousness given freely, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe” (Rom 3:27). Our relationship with God is based on the perfect and wonderful standing that JESUS has with the Father. This is the foundation of living life victoriously with a bold and confident faith in Christ!
[Hebrews 11:7-10] The ancients — people like Abel, Enoch, Noah and Abraham — didn’t have Bibles, churches, Christian books, CD’s or podcasts. But they had the living God. Their faith looked to Him and His righteousness. In this episode, we examine the faith of godly Noah who, even though in a wicked generation, built the ark because of godly reverence. We begin to look at Abraham who learned to walk by faith, even though he had failed many times. His faith looked to the God who blessed him and called him to a land of promise, which he did not know. We’ll learn a powerful truth for our own lives: it’s not how great these people of faith were, but how great is GOD and HIS righteousness and grace.
[This message was preached by Mark VanOuse at Transforming Lives Through Christ Ministries on Sunday August 24, 2014]
It’s a simple, yet amazing truth: God is glorified most by the grace He gives. In this message preached on a Sunday morning at his home church, Mark takes us through the scriptures visiting some of the great high points of the praise and glory of God. Strikingly, right there at the peak glory of God, we also see the language of grace.
Learn, straight from the scriptures, the breathtaking truth that God is indeed glorified most by the grace HE gives!
[Hebrews 11:3-6] The Bible declares it: THE JUST SHALL LIVE BY FAITH. In this panoramic episode, we see what living BY FAITH can accomplish:
- We take a sweeping view of all of Hebrews 11, extracting out of every “by faith” or “through faith” verse what living by faith accomplishes.
- In Hebrews 11:3 we dig into the great significance of understanding BY FAITH that God is the creator of all.
- In Hebrews 11:4 we find out the reason why Abel’s offering was righteous, while Cain’s offering was evil.
- In Hebrews 11:5-6 we explore the very important reasons why “without faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to please God”
[Hebrews 11:1-2. This episode continues the mini series “The Just Shall Live by Faith”, within our ongoing Hebrews series.] In this episode, we learn:
- God in His grace, through Jesus, has supplied ALL. Therefore, we have all NOW. Faith takes and personally appropriates what God has already richly supplied.
- What faith is NOT.
- Faith is the substance — ground of confidence, guarantee — of things hoped for.
- Faith is the EVIDENCE of things not seen.
- Hebrews 11 is not about faith “heroes”, but rather ordinary people who lived by faith in the goodness of God.
[Hebrews 11 intro, Heb 10:38-39]
What IS faith? That’s a very important question to answer, since the Bible is clear that “the just shall live by faith” (Hab 2:4, Rom 1:17, Gal 3:11, Heb 10:38). In this episode we dig into this question and discover that there are two aspects of faith:
- First, faith looks to the PERSON of the living Lord Jesus Christ: Christ IN US the hope of glory and we IN CHRIST, giving us completeness NOW.
- Second, faith acknowledges and enjoys the perfect, finished work of The Lord Jesus Christ.
We also learn that we are “believers”, not because we believe, but because GOD has MADE us that way! This is all because of the perfection of JESUS and HIS FINISHED WORK.
Note: This series, “The Just Shall Live by Faith” is a mini-series, which is part of the ongoing series, “Hebrews: The Glory of The New Covenant”
[This episode is part 1 of a mini-series called, “The Just Shall Live By Faith”. It is also a continuation of the “Hebrews: The Glory of the New Covenant” series. Note, this podcast is based on our article, “The Necessity of The Just Shall Live By Faith“, found on the www.DailyInChrist.org website.]
“The just shall live by faith“. Six powerful and vital words that are often neglected by the vast majority of Christians. Living by faith is non-optional with God. In four key places in the scripture we read, “the just shall live by faith”. The language of faith appears 677 in the New Testament. From God’s perspective, living by faith is essential to pleasing Him (Heb 11:6) and successfully living the Christian life.
Why? In this groundbreaking episode, we’ll learn how living by faith is intimately tied to the grace of God and the finished work of our Lord Jesus. You’ll learn essential keys to living victoriously by faith!
It can be tough walking in a world where the majority of those around us walk by sight and not by faith, by the flesh and not by the Spirit. In this episode we look at:
- The importance of remembering the fullness of Jesus Christ, the perfection of His finished work and that we are 100% complete in Him.
- The supernatural effect of the illumination of Christ, His finished work, our completeness in Him and Christ alive in us.
- Holding on to the confidence we have in Him.
- The great reward such confidence gives us.
[Hebrews 10:15-31]. Too many Christians experience a “Christian” life that is more like a roller coaster ride: ups and downs, with more down than up. The reason for such inconsistency is that they try to live their Christian lives based on their inconsistent performance. The Epistle to the Hebrews repeatedly proves that real Christian living is based on CHRIST and His perfect finished work. In this episode we explore:
- A second recitation of the New Covenant that connect Christ’s finished work to our condition as redeemed and saved people.
- The delivering power of Christ’s absolute remission from sin.
- We now have boldness to enter the Holiest, by the new and living Way of CHRIST Himself.
- The “let us” results of the completeness of Christ’s work for us and in us.
- Clear scriptural proof that the “scary verses” Hebrews 10:26-31 do NOT apply to one who is in Christ, and exactly what kind of a person to whom they do apply.